Lottery Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All profits from the Willen Hospice Lottery go directly towards funding the Hospice services which helps provide care and support to patients at no cost, whose illness may no longer be curable. This may be cancer or another life limiting illness.
- New members will be sent a unique randomly selected (by secure computer software) draw number and a personal membership number.
- All subscriptions received at a minimum of £1 a week payable in advance will be entered into the weekly draw using the unique draw number. The draw normally takes place each Friday.
- Where possible we will try to contact the 1st Prize winner by telephone and all other Prize winners are notified by post within 1 week of the draw taking place which will include the relevant cheque. Weekly winning numbers are published in the local press and on our website: www.willen-hospice.org.uk
- The regular payment facility can be by standing order. Your written authority is required to set up a regular payment.
- We promise to comply with all Data Protection Act requirements and protect your personal data. It will be appreciated by members that Willen Hospice cannot accept liability for the loss or delays in theft of any communication sent by post, email or fax, nor for any delays in the banking system.
- Membership cancellations can be carried out at any time although those received after 17.00 hours on a Thursday evening may not be actioned until after the weekly draw. Please contact the office on 01908 578256.
- Where members cancel in credit, we will refund your full entitlement at the time of cancellation (subject to receiving before 17.00hrs Thursday condition). This will be sent to the named member by cheque within 7 working days.
- We reserve the right not to accept an application, or to cancel an existing subscription without giving reason and at our absolute discretion. It is the responsibility of the player to advise us of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary.
- Any requests to be self excluded (terminology used in the Gambling Act for clarification contact the office) from the Willen Hospice membership lottery can either be telephoned through to the office or sent in writing. Customers wishing to use this facility will not be able to rejoin the lottery for a minimum of 6 month thereafter.
- The Gambling Act 2005 confirms that Willen Hospice now has a statutory duty to verify that members and potential members are over the age of 16, the minimum age allowed for anyone to play. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a lottery. The Lottery is only open to UK residents. Willen will, where appropriate, carry out checks to verify this requirement including if necessary seeking confirmation from relevant agencies who can provide such information.
- Willen Lottery is a member of The Hospice Lotteries Association, which on behalf of its members makes a financial contribution towards the Responsibility in Gambling Trust (RIGT), an organisation set up with the sole aim of promoting and encouraging responsible gambling. The Hospice Lotteries web site www.hospicelotteries.org.uk has a page dedicated to the RIGT www.rigt.org.uk and also to GAMCARE www.gamecare.org.uk, the leading organisation that provides practical help to problem gamblers. Further support can be found on the Gamble Aware website www.gambleaware.co.uk.
- All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Lottery office. In the event that a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved then it will be referred to arbitration. As a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association this will be The Independent Betting Adjudication Service Ltd (IBAS).
- Willen reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions
Registered Charity Number 270194
Lottery Promoted by Lynn Reeves
Please call 01908 578256 with any queries
Licensed by the Gambling Commission – www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
Thank you for supporting Willen Hospice