12 month fixed term contract
37.5 hours a week, internal rotation (3 long days per week plus 1 additional shift per month)
£18,525 – £21,000 per annum, plus a 16% shift allowance
A highly rewarding and exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated Health Care Assistant to join our In-Patient Unit team at this exciting time as we develop and expand our Hospice site.
Set in the tranquil grounds of Willen Lake, Willen Hospice is the leading provider of specialist palliative care within the Milton Keynes area. We offer 24 hour / seven days a week palliative care to people who have advanced disease. You will be caring for people in our Inpatient Unit which accommodates 15 patients. Our person centred care is delivered with compassion and respect for people’s wishes. We have an expanding Therapeutic & Wellbeing service offering Psychological Wellbeing, Social Care, Physiotherapy, Occupational and Complementary Therapy.
We are welcoming candidates looking for truly rewarding position, who want to deliver the highest quality of care and who embody our Hospice Values, who are keen to join a caring, compassionate and diverse multi-disciplinary team delivering care of the highest quality.
Working alongside and in support of the multi-disciplinary team, responsibilities will include assisting in giving direct care to our patients and providing support to the IPU Lead Nurse, Deputy Lead Nurses and Registered Nurses.
The ideal applicant should hold a Care Certificate, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an understanding of the palliative needs of our patients and demonstrate a commitment to providing a high standard of care.
In return for your skills you can expect:
• To join a supportive and caring team
• Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 35 days pro rata (inclusive of statutory and bank holidays)
• Free onsite parking at the Hospice
• Employer enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme or continued membership of the NHS pension scheme
• Enhanced maternity, adoption and sick pay provision
• Ongoing commitment to education and professional development
• Blue Light Card discounts (with membership)
• Excellent on-site subsidised catering facilities
• Access to Employee Assistance Programme
This appointment is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, including Barred lists.
Closing Date: 6 March 2023
Interview Date: W/C 13 March 2023
To apply, please use the ‘Apply Here’ button below